The event was put on by the Telegraph & Argus in partnership with hosts The Broadway and Bradford BID, and begain with a drinks reception for hundreds of guests featuring Bradford’s best in the retail, leisure and hospitality industries.
Ian Ward, general manager of The Broadway and chairman of Bradford BID, said: “These awards are all about sharing our love, appreciation and thanks to recognise the heroes of our industry.
“The Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Awards provide a great opportunity for businesses who have proved through the pandemic that they can overcome the difficulties.”
A total of 11 awards were presented on the evening:
- Hospitality Venue of the Year, being presented to Martinez Wine Bar.
- Pennine Cycles was the next award winner when they won the Retailer of the Year.
- Marios took home the top prize in the Hair and Beauty Salon of the Year category.
- The Midland Hotel won the Hotel of the Year.
- Bradford city centre restaurant received the Customer Service Excellence award.
- St George’s Hall was the winner in the Leisure Venue of the Year category
- Beth Smith from Brew Dog said she was “genuinely in shock” after winning the Customer Service award.
- Long-time business Robertshaws Farm Shop, based in Thornton, took home the Team of the Year award.
- Virtual reality experience firm VR City won the New Business of the Year.
- Elizabeth Ambler of Hedley Venue won the Rising Star award.
- Bradford City AFC won the Established Business of the Year.