A collection of Bradford’s best businesses and bright minds celebrated the 2022 Telegraph & Argus Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Awards during a glitzy ceremony at The Broadway.
The event was put on by the Telegraph & Argus in partnership with hosts The Broadway and Bradford BID.
The evening kicked off with a drinks reception for hundreds of guests featuring Bradford’s best in the retail, leisure and hospitality industries.
Tributes were paid to the late Harry Gration who has presented the awards over the years.
This year’s awards presenter, Bradford-born David ‘Nova’ Nowakowski, said: “Harry Gration was a true gentleman and an advocate for the city of Bradford.
“He always had a smile on his face and we’ll be thinking of Harry tonight.”
A total of 11 awards were presented on the evening:
- Hospitality Venue of the Year, being presented to Martinez Wine Bar.
- Pennine Cycles was the next award winner when they won the Retailer of the Year.
- Marios took home the top prize in the Hair and Beauty Salon of the Year category.
- The Midland Hotel won the Hotel of the Year.
- Bradford city centre restaurant received the Customer Service Excellence award.
- St George’s Hall was the winner in the Leisure Venue of the Year category
- Beth Smith from Brew Dog said she was “genuinely in shock” after winning the Customer Service award.
- Long-time business Robertshaws Farm Shop, based in Thornton, took home the Team of the Year award.
- Virtual reality experience firm VR City won the New Business of the Year.
- Elizabeth Ambler of Hedley Venue won the Rising Star award.
- Bradford City AFC won the Established Business of the Year.
Ian Ward, general manager of The Broadway and chairman of Bradford BID, said: “These awards are all about sharing our love, appreciation and thanks to recognise the heroes of our industry.
“The Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Awards provide a great opportunity for businesses who have proved through the pandemic that they can overcome the difficulties.”
After a performance by the highly entertaining saxophone player Ellie Sax, the guests were treated to a delicious three-course meal provided by MyLahore.