The Bradford Means Business Awards will take place on Thursday 20th July at the stunning new Walton View Hotel and with the entries closed for this year, the judges all met on Wednesday 16th May at the Great Victoria Hotel to judge the hundreds of entries to find our 11 winners and the business of the year.
The awards will cover Apprentice of the Year, Family Business, New Business, Best Employer, Manufacturer, SME, Social Mobility, Sustainability and more, with a new award for Creative Business as we build towards City of Culture in 2025.
The judges included:
- Shafiq Khan, BHP
- Shirley Congdon, University of Bradford
- Michael Beaumont, Joseph Parr
- Leanne Holmes, Bradford BID
- Kelly McAllister, Bradford College
- Andy Vernon, Solenis
- Simmy Sekhon, Sekhon Group
- Stephen Wright, Thorite
- Justin Kerslake, Christeyns
- Will White, Bradford 2025
- Natasha Noor, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Shak Rafiq, Airedale NHS Foundation Trust
- Nasreen Karim, BAME Chamber of Commerce
- Satnam Khela, Bradford District Council
The judges lunch was chaired by Steve Lowe, Sales Director at LOCALIQ, Steve said ‘We have had a fantastic number of entries this year, across a wide and diverse number of businesses and provided the judges with the toughest challenge to find the three shortlisted and the winner in eleven categories.
From those eleven winners the judges then had the difficult task of finding the winner of winners, the best business of the year, which after much debate we arrived at our final choice. I want to thank the judges for giving up their time to judge the awards and to the sponsors for their kind support’.
The award categories are sponsored by:
- Bradford Council
- Bradford College
- Blacks Solicitors
- Bradford BID
- Sekhon Group
- Joseph Parr
- University of Bradford
- Bradford District and Craven Health and Care Partnership
- Bradford 2025
We are now preparing for the awards night and look forward to a great night with pre and post awards entertainment and new host and the new venue. Tickets can be purchased now at store.newsquest.co.uk/tickets and are limited to a first come basis.