BOSSES at a Bradford chain of restaurants have outlined the “new normal” for diners when they reopen to customers next month.
Award-winning MyLahore, which runs two restaurants and a takeaway in the city, has been closed to diners since the start of the lockdown in March.
But now they are preparing to reopen on July 4, as the efforts to limit the spread of coronavirus are eased.
Ishfaq Farooq, one of the directors of the firm, described how alongside protective screens, hand sanitisers and staff wearing masks and gloves, they had also revised the table layout, and installed safety messages and social distancing reminders throughout the restaurant.
He added that condiments and cutlery will be pre-packed to avoid unnecessary contact, and all surfaces will be sanitised regular. In addition diners will be encouraged to use the outdoor seating areas where possible.
On top of this staff will be required to undertake temperature checks before they can start a shift.
Swabs will also be taken at each restaurant at the end of each day and sent off to a laboratory for testing to check for evidence of coronavirus on surfaces.
He said: “Everything we have put in place will hopefully give all who visit the reassurance to welcome you back.
“The MyLahore experience is ultimately at the heart of all we do and our philosophy of ‘savouring the moment’ and ‘flavours of a journey’ will continue to captivate our guests.
“We have missed all our guests and hope to welcome them all back soon. Our message is ‘MyLahore has missed you and we are ready to welcome you’.”
Last month Mr Farooq told the Telegraph & Argus that they have continued to offer a takeaway and delivery service during lockdown – and have helped vulnerable people in the local community by delivering meals to their door.
However they have seen sales drop by around 85 per cent.
Mr Farooq said they had already put in place a strict Covd-19 risk assessment plan to ensure the safety of team members and customers and that this has been a priority in recent weeks.
“We feel comfortable our restaurants and team members are equipped to meet the social distancing measures – putting safety and social distancing first.
“People are fearful and cautious and we understand this. We want to reassure all our guests and the wider community we are listening to the Government and putting in place plans that will help ease the anxiety for all who visit.”
The firm has also made it compulsory for its 500 members of staff to complete an online course on coronavirus to keep them up to date with how to minimise the spread of infection.